According to recent reports, at least two Yemeni nationals on the FBI’s terror watchlist were arrested in California after crossing illegally into the United States from Mexico. But suddenly, the administration has deleted those reports.
According to the original reports, one of the terror suspects was caught by Border Patrol officers on January 29 and the second was nabbed on March 30. Both were taken at the El Centro Station in Calexico, California.
A report in the Daily Mail published on Monday said:
CBP said in a statement on Monday that the two men were on a U.S. government watchlist for terrorism suspects, and were also named on a “no-fly” list.take our poll - story continues below
“Part of the Border Patrol’s mission states we will protect the country from terrorists,” said Chief Patrol Agent Gregory K. Bovino.
“These apprehensions at our border illustrates the importance of our mission and how we can never stop being vigilant in our everyday mission to protect this great country.”
But by Tuesday, Biden’s DHS had disappeared the story and removed the reports from the official government websites.
So much for Biden’s airy promises of transparency.
Republicans on the House Homeland Security Committee was aghast at the deletions.
“Why did you take down your previously public tweet & press release announcing that two people on the terror watch list were apprehended exploiting President Biden’s open border policies? Transparency in name alone is not transparency,” the Republicans led by ranking member Rep. John Katko said in a statement.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.