The leftist City of Chicago is exploring the destruction of 41 city statues, including monuments to favorite son Abe Lincoln, George Washington, and General U.S. Grant.
Led by communist Democrats, the Windy City is preparing to destroy American history.
The monument destruction campaign is part of a “racial healing and historical reckoning project” Mayor Lori Lightfoot initiated last summer as an answer to the Black Lives Matter riots that burned down the city.
The Chicago Monuments Project claims it was created to “grapple with” and “address the hard truths of Chicago’s racial history.”
Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?
Among the 41 figures the city wants to erase from history are George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses Grant, William McKinley, Benjamin Franklin, Christopher Columbus, and Leif Ericson.
Lightfoot and her anti-American cabal claim that the statues are all “white supremacist.”
- Promoting narratives of white supremacy
- Presenting inaccurate and/or demeaning characterizations of American Indians
- Memorializing individuals with connections to racist acts, slavery, and genocide
- Presenting selective, over-simplified, one-sided views of history
- Not sufficiently including other stories, in particular those of women, people of color, and themes of labor, migration, and community building
- Creating tension between people who see value in these artworks and those who do not
“This project is a powerful opportunity for us to come together as a city to assess the many monuments and memorials across our neighborhoods and communities — to face our history and what and how we memorialize that history,” Lightfoot said. “Given the past year and in particular the past summer that made clear history isn’t past, it is essential that residents are a part of this conversation. This project is about more than a single statue or mural, it’s about channeling our city’s dynamic civic energy to permanently memorialize our shared values, history and heritage as Chicagoans in an open and democratic way.”
The statues will be destroyed after a “public engagement phase,” but you can bet they already have their decision made and this “public engagement phase” is all just pretense.
Democrats don’t really care what people have to say.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.