Most of us are familiar with the excuses we hear from our children, like the dog ate my homework or the typical ‘I don’t know…’. It’s never their fault, even if you catch them red-handed and for some mysterious reason, they expect parents and teachers to believe their excuses.
When kids grow up and become adults, one would expect them to no longer use such stupid and dumb excuses, but in today’s America where people are longer taught common sense, respect and honesty, it seems many of them never really grow up.
The more liberal an immoral America gets, the dumber many criminals get. Consider some of these criminals and the excuses they have given:
- A woman in southern California was drunk, so she ‘borrowed’ someone else’s horse and rode into town. When police found her, she told them she hadn’t been drinking, but the horse had.
- A woman in St. Paul, Minnesota heard noises in her home one night and found a man and woman running out the back, carrying bags of her belongings. She chased them and they got on their bicycles to escape but a neighbor who heard the ruckus blocked them in with his car so they couldn’t escape. The neighbor called the police who showed up and arrested the couple. When questioned by the police, the female bandit told them that they saw an ad on Craig’s List that said ‘free house’ so they thought everything in the house was free.
- A young man crashed his car into someone’s mailbox and a pickup truck and then took off and left the scene. An observant neighbor saw what happened and wrote down the address and called police. When the police found the driver, he told them that a friend was in the car who had a tarantula and the tarantula got loose and was biting him. Police found no evidence of a friend, tarantula or bites.
- A young man in northern Ohio finished off most of a bottle of vodka and began picking fights. When police arrived, he was passed out in his trailer in the campground. When the police finally got the man awake and talking, he spoke in a Russian accent and threatened to kill the deputy’s cousin Keith but the deputy didn’t have a cousin Keith. Then the man told the deputy that he wasn’t drunk, he was a werewolf.
- Then there was the man driving 103 in a 60 zone. When police stopped him, he said he thought he was only driving 031.
- What about the man who jumped in the passenger seat of a car and told the driver to get out because he was stealing the car. When police caught up to him, he told them he wasn’t a criminal, just method acting.
- A Cincinnati man was found sleeping in someone else’s car and he wasn’t wearing any pants. He told police that a leprechaun let him into the car after taking his pants.
To all of these humorously absurd and stupid excuses, I would like to add the account of 26-year-old Kennecia Posey of Fort Pierce, Florida. She was stopped by traffic police who searched her car and found cocaine and marijuana in her purse. When the police asked her about the drugs, she responded:
“I don’t know anything about any cocaine. It’s a windy day. It must have flown through the window and into my purse.”
Sadly, police are hearing more and more of these absurd excuses. Some may be caused by alcohol or drugs, but some are coming out of the mouths of people who are completely sober. It’s a clear sign of just how dumbed down so much of American society has become that people actually expect others to believe these excuses and until we get liberals out of our educational system, we’ll only hear more of them.