America is in serious trouble. As a nation, we are not only on the verge of economic bankruptcy, but we are already in a state of moral and political bankruptcy. Most politicians believe that throwing millions of dollars into one program after another will help save America, but in truth, the hole of filth our nation is in, only gets deeper and deeper.
Look around you! Sexual perversions of all kinds are now acceptable. They are given special legal status and protection over the majority of normal acceptable moral values. They are taught as normal ways of life to children in public schools as young as kindergarten. Some schools even teach kids that sex, including homosexual sex is something they should explore.
America has not only turned away from God, but it approves of those who mock, condemn and blaspheme God, Jesus, the Bible and anything Christian or Jewish, but no one dare say anything against Allah, Muhammad or Islam. It’s unacceptable to mock Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos and even voodoo witch doctors, but it’s fair play to mock Christianity and Judaism.
The traditional family structure has been attacked and destroyed, along with parental authority. Our nation is rampant with violent crimes and politicians lie, cheat and do many things for their own self-gratification.
Compared to the America I was born into 66-years ago, America today is a cesspool of decadence, lawlessness, corruption, sexual perversions and one where many of our God given rights and freedoms are being stripped away.
Several years ago, I obtained bookmark from the National Center for Constitutional Studies, titled, Principles of Liberty. As I recently read through the list, I could plainly see why America has become the cesspool it has, and it’s because liberalism has driven our nation away from those principles. Here are some of them for you to consider along with a [few comments]:
- The only reliable basis for sound government and just human relations is Natural Law.
- A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong. [We as a nation have abandoned all sense of virtue and morality.]
- The most promising method of securing a virtually and morally stable people is to elect virtuous leaders. [Virtuous people cannot survive the corruption of today’s politics.]
- Without religion the government of a free people cannot be maintained. [By religion, it doesn’t mean self-worship, which is the prevailing religion of American today.]
- All things were created by God, therefore upon Him all mankind are equally dependent, and to Him they are equally responsible. [Decadent people don’t want to be dependent on God for anything.]
- All men are created equal. [In today’s America, only Democrats, liberals, socialists and sexual perverts are equal while the rest of us are deemed to be unequal low-life scum.]
- The proper role of government is to protect equal rights, not provide equal things. [Totally opposite of everything the Democratic Party stands for.]
- Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. [Deny God and those rights are gone.]
- To protect man’s rights, God has revealed certain principles of divine law. [Deny God, deny divine law.]
- The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical. [That has become a real possibility, especially if Democrats regain control.]
- The United States shall be a republic. [We were established as a republic, but aren’t any more. America is more of a socialist idiocrasy more than anything else.]
- A constitution should be structured to permanently protect the people from the human frailties of their rulers.
- Life and liberty are secure only so long as the right of property is secure. [This was especially violated by the Obama administration. Also makes you wonder about the confiscation of property by eminent domain.]
- The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free market economy and a minimum of government regulations. [This is self-evident by the mountains of government regulations in today’s America.]
- A system of checks and balances should be adopted to prevent the abuse of power. [When you have liberal judges, who rule by agenda instead of law, no checks or balances will work.]
- Only limited and carefully defined powers should be delegated to government, all others being retained in the people. [Today, we are all the slaves, at the mercy of the almighty government.]
- Strong local self-government is the keystone to preserving human freedom. [Sadly, many local governments are just as corrupt as the federal government.]
- A free people should be governed by law and not the whims of men. [Today, it’s just the opposite.]
- The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family, therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity. [Why do you think Democrats have fought so hard to destroy the family unit and redefine marriage?]
Volumes could be written on how today’s America has abandoned and violated all of these Principles of Liberty, but just watching the news these days confirms just how far America has turned off the path our Founding Fathers set us upon. Unless America returns to these principles, our nation will continue to suffer to the point of total collapse and death.
So where do we as a nation start? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”