Teen Electrocuted by Cellphone

For years we’ve been warned about using anything electrical while in the bathtub. Many moves and real-life murders and accidental deaths have happened by dropping a radio, curling iron, electrical fan or other electronic device into the tub while the person is taking a bath. But who thought it could happen by picking up a cellphone that was plugged in charging?

A 14-year-old Texas girl was killed while holding her cellphone in a bathtub.

Madison Coe, a north Texas resident, was electrocuted when she either plugged her phone in or grabbed it while it was already charging, her grandmother told local NBC affiliate KCBD.

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone,” grandmother Donna O’Guinn told KCDB. “And that was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.” …

Trending: Trump Accuses Media of Biggest Coverup of Our Time

It’s a good warning to everyone, young and old that water and electricity are a dangerous combination, even if it’s only a charging cellphone. There are times to unplugging from all forms of communication – phones, computers, tablets, etc. – and one of those times is when you are in the bathtub or shower.

READ MORE HERE

 

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.