Democrats have been foaming at the mouth in anticipation of hearing testimony from former FBI Director James Comey with which they could hang Donald Trump and remove him from office. However, if the statement Comey presented to the Senate yesterday is any indication, Democrats will not have the ammunition they need to destroy Donald Trump.
Former FBI Director James Comey is set to appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday but on Wednesday Fox News released the statement that Comey has submitted for the record to the committee. The statement details the handful of times that Comey met with President Trump and it outlines several important facts that will get dissected over the coming weeks.
Most importantly it covers a few key issues:
- The FBI did assure Trump that he was not under investigation.
- Comey did keep memos of his interactions with Trump, something he did NOT do with President Obama.
- Trump asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.
- Trump asked Comey to expedite the Russia investigation.
- Trump asked Comey to “get out” that Trump was not under investigation.
- While Trump’s actions “concerned” Comey nothing Trump did went beyond disconcerting. None of it was illegal or even unethical…
Comey will begin being grilled by Senate Democrats and some liberal anti-Trump Republicans. Tempers are bound to flare and they will push Comey as far as possible in hopes of getting him to betray Trump. Hopefully, Comey will keep his emotions in check and not react with too much anger at the incessant repetition of those questioning him.